Ph.D., Spanish, University of Virginia (expected 2023)
M.A., Spanish, University of Virginia (2019)
B.A., Spanish, Virginia Tech (2016) summa cum laude
- Drug Prohibition
- 20th and 21st Century Latin American Literature
- Film Studies
- Race & Ethnicity Studies
- Environmental Humanities
“Unmasking the Narco: Irony in Juan Pablo Villalobos’ Fiesta en la madriguera.” Revista de literatura mexicana contemporánea, forthcoming.
“Slow Violence and the Illegal Drug Economy in Birds of Passage.” American Comparative Literature Association, April 2021.
“Remembering Colombia’s Marijuana Boom: Ecological Trauma in Pájaros de verano.” Carolina Conference for Romance Studies, UNC Chapel Hill, March 2021.
“Race and Gender as Signs of Misfortune in Sab.” Virginia Tech Undergraduate Research and Creative Scholarship Conference, Virginia Tech, February 2016.
University of Virginia
- Spanish to English Translation, SPAN 4040 (Spring 2021, Fall 2021)
- Advanced Intermediate Spanish, SPAN 2020 (Fall 2019, Spring 2020)
- Accelerated Elementary Spanish, SPAN 1060 (Fall 2018, Spring 2019)
- Intermediate Spanish, SPAN 2010 (Fall 2017, Spring, 2018, Summer 2018)
Grants & Awards
- AHSS Summer Research Award (2020, 2021)
- Nominee, UVa Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award (2019)