Ph.D. Spanish, University of Virginia (expected 2022)
M.A. Spanish, University of Virginia,
B.A. Spanish and English, Kenyon College
Environmental humanities, contemporary poetry in Latin America and the Caribbean, critical geography and place studies, Caribbean studies, translation, pedagogy
- Texts and Interpretation (SPAN 3300): fall 2019
- Advanced Intermediate Spanish (SPAN 2020): spring 2020, summers 2019, 2018
- Elementary Spanish (SPAN 1010, SPAN 1020): fall 2018, spring 2019
- Intensive Elementary Spanish (SPAN 1060): fall 2017, spring 2018
- Intermediate Spanish (SPAN 2010): fall 2016, spring 2017
Graduate Organizer, Coasts in Crisis: Art and Conversation After Recent Hurricanes, University of Virginia, September 23rd, 2019.
Spanish Department Elected Representative, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Council, 2019-2021.
Graduate Assistant, Global South Studies, 2020-2021.
Josephs, Allen, ed. Contemporary Colombian Poetry: An Anthology. Translated by Caroline Whitcomb and Alexa Jeffress. Valparaíso Editions USA, 2020.
Rollón, Miguel. Detroit Doesn’t Love Us Anymore. Translated by Caroline Whitcomb and Alexa Jeffress. Valparaíso Editions USA, 2019
Grants & Awards
- Americas Center / Centro de las Américas Research Fellowship, University of Virginia, 2020 - awarded but not disbursed due to COVID-19
- Center for Global Inquiry and Innovation Center Grant, University of Virginia, 2019 – awarded but not disbursed due to COVID-19
- Auxiliar de Conversación, Ministry of Education, Spain, 2014-2015