Ph.D., Spanish, University of Virginia (expected Spring 2021)
- Dissertation: “Beyond Sefarad: Philo-Sephardism and the Early Twentieth-Century Spanish Novel”
M.A., Spanish, University of Virginia (2017)
B.A., Spanish Literature and Culture, with High Distinction, University of Virginia (2015)
- 19th and 20th-century Spanish literature
- Jews, Judaism and Jewishness in modern Spain
- Spanish Civil War literature
- Sephardic Studies
“Urban Landscape, Historical Memory and Salvador Dalí in Lorca’s ‘Cementerio judío’.” Anales de la Literatura Española Contemporánea 45.1 (2020): 21-47.
"'Los esqueletos oxidados de los buques hundidos en la guerra': Tracing the Spanish Civil War and Barcelona's Expansion in Laforet's Nada." Forthcoming in Bulletin of Spanish Studies.
"Epistemologies and the Limits of Jewish Representation in Galdós's Gloria and Misercordia." MLA Annual Convention, Toronto, Canada, January 2021.
“Beyond Sefarad: Zionism in Las luminarias de Janucá by Rafael Cansinos-Asséns.” Conference of the Association of Jewish Studies, San Diego, CA, December 2019.
"Naturalizing the Jewish-Puerto Rican Experience: Hurricanes, Herbs and Healing in Aurora Levins Morales's Remedios: Stories of Earth and Iron from the History of Puertorriqueñas." Fifth Regional Research Conference of the Latin American Jewish Studies Association, New York, NY, May 2018.
"Familial Fighting, Sewing Conflict and Sunken Ships: Tracing the Spanish Civil War in Carmen Laforet's Nada." Carolina Conference for Romance Studies, Chapel Hill, NC, April 2018.
“Spanish Fascist Rewritings of the Sephardim: The Cases of Pío Baroja and Ernesto Giménez Caballero.” Conference of the Association of Jewish Studies, San Diego, CA, December 2016.
“Not a Mere ‘viejo puto, judío’: Valera, Palencia and Montoro on the 1473 Córdoba Massacre.” Mountain Interstate Foreign Language Conference, Harrisonburg, VA, October 2016.
“Structure, Temporality and Myth in Rivas’s ‘El cuento de un veterano.’” Kentucky Foreign Language Conference, Lexington, KY, April 2016.
University of Virginia
- SPAN 3300, Texts and Interpretation (Fall 2018-Spring 2019)
- SPAN 3010, Advanced Grammar and Composition I (Spring 2018)
- SPAN 2020, Advanced Intermediate Spanish (Summer 2016, Summer 2019)
- SPAN 2010, Intermediate Spanish (Fall 2015, Fall 2017)
- SPAN 1060, Accelerated Elementary Spanish (Summer 2020)
- SPAN 1020, Elementary Spanish II (Spring 2016, Spring 2017)
- SPAN 1010, Elementary Spanish I (Fall 2016)
University of Virginia in Valencia (Spain)
- SPAN 2010-2020, Intensive Intermediate Spanish (Summer 2018)
Grants & Awards:
- Rachel Winer Manin Interdisciplinary Graduate Fellow of Jewish Studies, Jewish Studies Program, UVA, 2016-2020
- Career Consulting Award, Association for Jewish Studies, 2020
- Charles Gorden Reid, Jr. Summer Travel Fellowship, Department of Spanish, Italian and Portuguese, UVA, 2020
- Summer Research Fellowship, Department of Spanish, Italian and Portuguese, UVA, 2019
- Del Greco Library Travel Stipend for Summer Study in Salamanca, Department of Spanish, Italian and Portuguese, UVA, 2018
- Del Greco Graduate Essay Prize, Department of Spanish, Italian and Portuguese, UVA, 2017
- Summer Language Fellowship (Yiddish), Department of Spanish, Italian and Portuguese, UVA, 2017
- Maurice Amado Foundation Travel Grant, Association for Jewish Studies, 2016
- Phi Beta Kappa, 2015