New Cabell Hall 436
Ph.D., Spanish, U.Va. (expected 2021)
Dissertation: "Demilitarized Futures: Race, Ecology, and the Politics of Life in Colombia"
M.A., Spanish, U.Va. (2018)
B.A., Spanish, U.Va. (2015)
- 20th and 21st century Latin American cultural studies, especially in Colombia, Central America, and the Caribbean
- Cultural politics of resistance, revolution and autonomous organizing
- Race and ethnicity studies
- Transnational anti-militarisms
- Activist cultural production
- Environmental humanities
- "Una Opción Sutil de Protestar: Literary Magazines, Subterranean Resistance and Life Politics in Putumayo, Colombia." Journal of Latin American Cultural Studies, forthcoming.
- “Desplazamientos entretejidos: imaginarios transicionales y la diasporización de la memoria en los Tejidos de Mampuján,” Revista de Estudios Colombianos 53, enero-junio 2019.
- (Review) Paschel, Tianna. 2016. Becoming Black Political Subjects: Movements and Ethno-Racial Rights in Colombia and Brazil, Afro-Hispanic Review Vol. 37, Issue 2, 2018.
- "Privatized Military Industry." Global South Studies: A Collective Publication with The Global South. August 17, 2017. https://globalsouthstudies.as.virginia.edu/key-issues/privatized-military-industry
- "Network Power." Global South Studies: A Collective Publication with the Global South. August 17, 2017. https://globalsouthstudies.as.virginia.edu/key-concepts/network-power
University of Virginia
- SPAN 3300, Texts and Interpretations (Fall 2019 and Spring 2020)
- SPAN 3010, Advanced Grammar and Composition (Spring 2019)
- SPAN 2020, Intermediate Spanish (Fall 2017, Spring 2018)
Universidad del Atlántico (Barranquilla, Colombia)
- English Levels 1, 2 and 5 (Semesters I and II 2015-16)
- Advanced English Conversation (Semester I 2015)
- "A Subtle Form of Protest: Literary Magazines and Subterranean Resistance in Putumayo, Colombia," UVA Symposium on Art and Confrontation in the Americas, September 30, 2019
- “Jungles and the Colombian Conflict,” Association for the Study of Literature and the Environment Biennial Conference, June 27, 2019
- “Una opción sutil de Protestar: Archive, affect and Library Activism in the Revista Literaria del Putumayo,” Latin American Studies Association Congress, May 25, 2019
- “Praxis Program Roundtable,” Decolonizing the Digital Humanities Symposium, University of Virginia, April 5-6, 2019. http://spanitalport.as.virginia.edu/decolonizing-digital-humanities-indigenous-arts-histories-and-knowledges-material-screen-0
- “Weaving Networks of Dissent: Displacement, Justice and Afro-diasporic Memory in the Community Quilts of Mampuján.” UVA Global South Studies Symposium, March 29-30, 2019. https://globalsouthstudies.as.virginia.edu/global-south-studies-symposium-workshop
- “Minimal Computing Workshop,” UVA Scholars’ Lab, March 5, 2019.
Grants & Awards
- IHGC Public Humanities Lab (University of Virginia, 2019-2020)
- Center for Global Inquiry + Innovation Grant (University of Virginia, Fall 2018)
- Praxis Fellowship (UVA Scholars’ Lab 2018-19)
- Charles Gordon Reid Summer Fellowship (UVA Spanish Department, Summer 2018)
- Digital Humanities Summer Institute Grant (University of Victoria, Summer 2018)
- Fulbright Colombia Scholarship (2015-2016)
- Jefferson Fellowship (Jefferson Scholars Foundation, 2015-2021)
- International Rescue Committee Outstanding Service Award (April 2015).