Nuria Ballesteros Soria
M.A., Teaching Spanish as a Second Language, Menéndez Pelayo International University (UIMP), Santander, Spain (2016-present)
M.A., TESOL and Linguistics, WVU, Morgantown, WV. (2016)
University Teaching Certificate – WVU, Morgantown, WV. (2016)
B.A. in Translation and Interpreting – Universidad de Valladolid (UVa), Soria, Spain (2014)
- Coursework focused on Legal and Business Translation (EN, DE, ES). Sworn EN-ES Translator and Interpreter appointed by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs (No. 9944).
Study Abroad – Fachhochschule Köln, Cologne, Germany (2011-2012)
- Second language acquisition
- teaching innovation
- idiomatic language
- social media
- peer feedback
- holistic assessment
- student motivation
ELE USAL Mallorca (Spain)
- Spanish language and culture courses for children (elementary, intermediate, and advanced)
- Spanish language and culture courses for adults (elementary, intermediate, and advanced)
- Preparation courses for official exams on the Spanish language and culture
- Conversation courses
- Spanish teacher training courses
West Virginia University
- SPAN 101 (Elementary)
- SPAN 102 (Intermediate)
- SPAN 203 (Upper-intermediate)
Goldenberg Berufskolleg (Germany)
- Elementary Spanish through cooking
Gymnasiums Rodenkirchen (Germany)
- Elementary Spanish through music
“Liderazgo transformacional: una experiencia colaborativa de formación-acción en equipos de trabajo.” V Jornada de Innovación Docente de la UVa: Los Universos Docentes, UVa, Valladolid, Spain. April 2016.
“Pragmatic Competence: Techniques to Promote Authentic Language Use in ESL Contexts.” WVTESOL 19th Annual Spring Conference, INTO Marshall University, Huntington, WV. March 2016.
"Building Students' Self-confidence and Creativity through Music, Video, and ICT.” WVFLTA Conference, West Virginia State University, Institute, WV. October 2015.
“Video Production: A Powerful Framework to Engage Students in L2 Learning.” WVTESOL 18th Annual Spring Conference, Marshall University, South Charleston, WV. April 2015.
"Multilingualism, a Linguistic and Cultural Treasure for the 21st Century.” 14th Annual Graduate Research Symposium, College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA. March 2015.
"Vocabulario: La tecnología y las comidas.” Sabor Hispano: Fin de Semana de Inmersión 2015. American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese, Morgantown, WV. March 2015.
“Coaching Prospective Translators and Interpreters through Training-Action Methodology: a Case Study at the University of Valladolid, Spain.” II Seminario Internacional Traducción y Humanismo. La Traducción y los Sentidos, Soria, Spain. July 2014.
“Actuar para aprender, aprender para actuar: una experiencia colaborativa de formación-acción en equipos de trabajo.” V Jornada de Innovación Docente de la UVa: Innovar para crecer, crecer para innovar, UVa, Valladolid, Spain. December 2013.