The Graduation Ceremony for the Department of Spanish, Italian & Portuguese will follow the Lawn Ceremony on Saturday, May 18 at 12:30 p.m. The ceremony will be in the Culbreth Theatre (Drama Building), located at 109 Culbreth Road. (This is also the inclement weather location.)
Ceremonial scrolls will be awarded to students in the Spanish Graduate Program, along with majors in the Italian Studies Program, the Latin American Studies Program and the Spanish Undergraduate Program. Students from these programs who graduated in August 2018 and December 2018 will be invited to participate as well. In addition, fourth-year Spanish majors enrolled in the Curry School’s Teacher Education Program, who have completed all of their major requirements, will be invited to participate.
Additional information about the ceremony:
- Length of Time: The ceremony typically lasts an hour to an hour and a half.
- Arrival Time: Graduates should plan to arrive by 12:00 p.m.
- Ceremony Tickets: All guests, including children, infants, persons in wheelchairs, etc., must have a ticket in-hand to enter the ceremony. (Graduates participating in the ceremony do not need a ticket.)
- Number of Tickets: Each graduate will be notified, via e-mail, in early March about the number of tickets he/she will receive for their guests.The e-mail will include details about how to get tickets.
- Your Diploma: Diplomas will be mailed within 6 weeks of Final Exercises. Diplomas will be mailed to the identified ‘Diploma Mailing Address’ in SIS. Degree candidates should confirm their address under Personal Information in the SIS Student Center.
Link to the Office of the University Registrar: http://www.virginia.edu/registrar/diploma.html
Information about Finals Weekend can be found at: http://www.virginia.edu/majorevents/finals/